Friday, December 14, 2012

La vie avec un enfant de deux ans

It's been a banner Liam night. First, as I was trying to convince him not to climb on the table at dinner, I had to break out the big guns.
"Santa is watching you."
"He's watching me?"
"Yep," I assured him. "He wants to see if you're naughty or nice."
"I am. I am naughty or nice."

I tried a new tactic.
"If you are naughty, Santa won't put toys or candy in your stocking. He'll fill it with a lump of coal."

"Really?" Liam started to get excited.
"Do you know what coal is?"
"It's for a train!" Liam was very excited now.

Sigh.


Later, as we watched Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer, Santa was lamenting that it was too stormy and and Christmas had to be canceled. Liam quickly turned to look out the window, than turned back to me, frantic.
"Christmas is canceled?"


No comments:

Post a Comment